Driver is a piece of software that helps to communicate a device or hardware of your computer to communicate with the windows operating system. Therefore every device attached to the computer needs a driver to function properly. So if driver issues on Windows 10 occur then it may cause a device to malfunction.
The same goes with the motherboard of your computer, and therefore to maintain the system performance all motherboard driver problems need to be checked and resolved instantly as soon as they arise. If your question is how, then just go through the complete article till the end.
How to Fix Motherboard Driver Problems
To fix motherboard driver problems all you need to do is update the drivers with the latest and most compatible ones. Now to update drivers on Windows 10 you have two options, one is manually updating the drivers by looking for it on the device manufactures site and the second is using driver update software that will automatically update all the drivers with just a few clicks.
But before we look at both these options in detail, let’s first discuss what motherboard drivers are. Motherboard drivers basically do not mean the drivers that are designed specifically for a motherboard, instead of for the devices that are attached to the motherboard.
Therefore, the common type of motherboard device drivers are as follows: –
- Video Driver – This helps to update the driver for the video card that is responsible for all the graphical representation on your computer.
- Sound Driver – This helps you to update the driver for the sound card attached to the motherboard, which helps in sending audio information to the attached output device to it.
- Network Driver – Used to update the drivers of a network card attached to your motherboard that helps you to connect your computer to a network.
- Chipset Driver –It is a small file in your system that is required by the operating system installed on your computer to recognize the motherboard connected to the system.
There can be several other device drivers as well but the ones discussed above are the most common ones.
Now, we know about the common types of motherboard drivers. Let us learn how to update motherboard drivers.
How to Update Motherboard drivers
To avoid any type of driver issues on Windows 10 you have to check and update drivers from time to time. To update drivers on Windows 10 you have two choices-one is manual one other one is automatic. Both are equally efficient and you can use any of them as per your liking. Below we will discuss both the ways of updating the drivers and fixing any motherboard driver problems.
Manual Method to Update Motherboard Device Drivers
The manual method to update any of the drivers on Windows 10 is a bit lengthy and requires your dedicated time and patience along with a bit of technical knowledge. Also, before going forward and search for the driver manually you need to have the information about the operating system installed on your computer along with the exact information about the device model number. As any of incorrect information will result in getting an incompatible or incorrect driver. You can check this post and get to know about how to update motherboard driver.
To update the motherboard drivers manually, follow the steps given below:
- First you need to get the system information like the operating system version and the model of the motherboard used in your computer. To get all system related information open the Run command box and type msinfo32 and hit the Enter key. A new window will open containing system related information.
- Next, open the motherboard manufacturer’s official website and search for the mother model number for which you wish to have the latest drivers.
- Now navigate to the driver download page and download the driver based on the name and version of the OS installed on your system.
Note: It is advisable to download drivers for all the components of the motherboard discussed above to prevent any issues.
- Once you have downloaded the driver, go to your Downloads folder or where you have saved the downloaded driver.
- Now double click on the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to start the installation process of that driver.
- And once the driver is installed, restart your computer to apply the changes.
Automatic Method to Update Motherboard Device Drivers
In case you are unable to get the exact device information or you are not sure about the information you have then it is advisable to update the driver automatically using a Driver Updater tool, Advanced Driver Updater.
The best part of using Advanced Driver Updater is that you need not to worry about the operating system and motherboard details. This advanced driver updater tool will take care of all such things and ensure that you get the most compatible and correct drivers along with the latest one.
To use Advanced Driver updater to update motherboard drivers goes through the steps below:
- Download Advanced Driver Updater from the official website of Systweak and install it by following the onscreen instructions.
- Next click on the Start Scan Now to start the scan for all the outdated drivers.
- Once the scan completes, click on the Update driver next to the motherboard to download and install it on your computer.
- Once you update the driver, restart your system to apply the changes..
So folks this is all from our side. We hope that we are able to answer your question on how to fix motherboard driver problems on Windows. Also, you can use any of the above methods to update drivers on Windows 10, but if you are a novice user then we strongly recommend going with a driver updater tool. Motherboard drivers basically do not mean the drivers that are designed specifically for a motherboard, instead for the devices that are attached to the motherboard.